Thursday, January 15, 2009

Super mom...

More like super whiny mom. That has been me this week! But I must say, never before have I admired my mom more. Around the end of last week it all started. Joe had a cold, then on Friday I was feeling pretty miserable by the end of my work day. Even so, I had "plans" for the weekend and wasn't going to let a petty cold get in my way. NOT. By Saturday morning, I was not wanting to move! I thought it was the worst cold ever.**( I don't EVER remember my mom whining about not feeling well, unless she had a migraine. But the flu? Nope, no whining. Just one amazing mommy.) ** So we made it through the weekend and I had off on Monday because Joe was having oral surgery during the day and was going to need a driver. Simple thing right? Once he was home he was pretty sore as we expected. By this point I was completely "ignoring" the cold like symptoms, along with the fever just to get through the night. Surely I would feel better once I went to work tomorrow. Off to work I went, not saying a word about not feeling well ( I didnt want them to know I was such a baby!). So when the sitter called and said Ryan was screaming and pulling at his ear I was somewhat relieved that I might get some rest too! Selfish, I know. Anyways things have just been "progressing" it seems around here, and I wonder will it ever end? Both boys now have ear infections, I have strep and other junk going on, and Joe now has a dry socket where he had surgery on Monday! SOOOO how do moms with 4, 6, and 8 children do it???? How did MY mom do it while working full time and having 4 children??? I have never been more grateful for my mom. I always remember her being sympathetic while we were sick.... and loving us... even if she didnt feel well. Every negative thought I have I start to wonder what is God trying to teach me through this? Yes, it happens to all moms out there. But do all moms have the right motivation, and attitude in caring for their children? Is he teaching me patience? Or is he simply bringing me to realize that NOTHING is done in my strength but His. And then I wonder, how many times my mom went to God asking for HIS strength and not her own. How many times has he provided strength to all the moms out there? His grace, love, and mercy amaze me. I'm thinking I should stop aiming for "super mom" and start aiming for being FILLED by Him, with his Love, Mercy, and STRENGTH.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Your last sentence reminds me of Hosea 6:6. Hang in there from one mommy to another.