Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mealtime Menu

Well, it's been quite awhile since I have posted my weekly menu. For one, we have been dieting and I didn't have any exciting new meals.... but I realized (once I found a few new meals) that even if I didn't think they were exciting, they may be something to change up your menu with!

So here goes... and we do have several new ones this week from this months TASTE OF HOME magazine. MMMMMM......



* Indicates a new recipe we've never had.



1. Broccoli/Ham Macaroni * - If you'd like this recipe go to http://tasteofhome.com/ and type in

broccoli/ham macaroni in the search box. Joe and I loved the flavor with the red pepper but

dearest child Ryan did not. So next time I will probably leave those out for the picky eaters,

but Joe and I loved it. Not only did we love it, it is far less fattening than the regular mac n

cheese I normally make with heavy cream etc.
2. Taco Salad - its an easy Monday night recipe... I love Mondays to be easy because I'm usually most tired on Mondays:P


3. Steak & New Potato Toss * - This is also a toh recipe - http://tasteofhome.com/ you can get the recipe yourself. Joe and I recently purchased a large quantity of beef. This is a different way to have steak and veggies with a little added flavor and veggies!


4. Ravioli Primavera - another quick & easy recipe, which is quite healthy.


5. Mom's fried rice * - A new recipe I found while trying to find something with chicken, since we are eating a lot more beef lately. You can also get this recipe from the taste of home link. This has bacon pieces in it, which was a different spin for me:)


6. Hamburgers/Hotdogs & sweet potato fries.... burgers & dogs are self explanatory... hoping to cook those on the grill, weather permitting. The sweet potato fries I recently made for the first time. I cut the sweet potatoes length wise into strips, sprinkle with cinammon, and drizzle with olive oil. Then I bake on a cookie sheet for a good 15 min (or longer if you want them crispier).
A healthier/tasty fry to go with the grill foods. Love it.


*** We will be traveling one evening and therefore I did not add a 7th meal*** :) I am hoping there is someone out there who can benefit from my crazy meal planning practices, and maybe, just maybe pass a new recipe along to me! Happy Eating :)

No comments: